Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Student work "Translation of a Love Poem". Answergarden For Words Of Love.

The task: 

Choose a Love Poem in your Native Language and try to translate it into English.



Translation of a Love Poem:


SEVİYORUM SENİ

Seviyorum seni ekmeği tuza banıp yer gibi 
Geceleyin ateşler içinde uyanarak
Ağzımı dayayıp musluğa su içer gibi,
Ağır posta paketini, neyin nesi belirsiz,
Telaşlı, sevinçli, kuşkulu açar gibi
Seviyorum seni denizi ilk defa uçakla geçer gibi.
İstanbul’da yumuşacık kararırken ortalık
İçimde kımıldanan bir şeyler gibi
Seviyorum seni, "Yaşıyoruz çok şükür." der gibi.
 

I LOVE YOU

I love you, like eating bread by dipping it into salt
Like drinking the water from the tap with mouth
when I wake up at night in flames
like opening the unkown postal packet
anxious, joyful and sceptical
I love you, like passing the sea with plane for the first time
Like something stirring inside me
while it is darkening softly in İstanbul
I love you, like saying ''We are living, thank heaven''

ECE ŞPHGFL

I remember my old days when ı read this poem. Plus, it  has bome a great song by Onur AKIN.

Zehra Canbolat


AKİF PALALI ANATOLIAN HIGH SCHOOL

This is an unforgettable song for each generation in Turkey. Everybody who is in love feels the deep loyalty of being couple. Many brides and grooms made their first dance with this song in their wedding ceremonies. Therefore, Göksu APAL has decided to depict this beautiful lyrics into a picture. Here is the link to listen:

link

SAMANYOLU

Bir şarkısın sen, ömür boyu sürecek

Dudaklarımdan yıllarca düşmeyecek...


İKİ KALP

İki kalp arasında en kısa yol:
Birbirine uzanmış ve zaman zaman
Ancak parmak uçlarıyla değebilen
İki kol.
Merdivenlerin oraya koşuyorum,
Beklemek gövde gösterisi zamanın;
Çok erken gelmişim seni bulamıyorum,
Bir şeyin provası yapılıyor sanki.
Kuşlar toplanmışlar göçüyorlar
Keşke yalnız bunun için sevseydim seni.
 

TWO HEARTS

The shortest way between two hearts:
Two arms
Lied on each other, and from time to time
Barely could touch with fingertips.
I'm running upto the stairs,
Waiting is the show of strength of the time;
I've come too early, can't find you,
Just like something's getting rehearsed.
Birds gathered, they're migrating
Wish I only loved you for this.

ELIF ŞPHGFL


AŞK
 
O eski günlerden
Söz etme bana.
Efkarım, gönlüme
Doldu bu gece.
Unut artık beni
Bir daha anma.
Efkarım, saçımı
Yoldu bu gece.
Dokunma yarama
Dokunma sakın,
Kahreden yazıymış
Seninle yazım,
Gözümdeki yaşı
Şarkıma yazdım,
Dinleyip, dinleyip
Sızdım bu gece!
O eski günlerden
Bir resmin kaldı.
Son defa resmine
Baktım bu gece.
 

LOVE
 
Don't tell me about,
Those old days.
My sorrow filled,
My heart tonight.
Forget me now,
Don't even think.
My sorrow pulled,
My hair tonight.
Don't touch my scar,
Don't ever touch.
What a crushing destiny,
Destiny between us.
The tears in my eye,
Is written to my song.
Listened to many times,
And fell asleep tonight.
From those old days,
One last picture left.
Last time to your picture,
I looked tonight.
 
 
I know its a bit devastating but i really love this poem so i wanted to translate it. :))
 
BUGRA ŞPHGFL


AŞK

Sen kocaman çöllerde bir kalabalık gibisin,
Kocaman denizlerde ender bir balık gibisin.
Bir ısıtır, bir üşütür, bir ağlatır bir güldürür;
Sen hem bir hastalık hem de sağlık gibisin.

LOVE

You are like a crowd in huge deserts,
You are like a rare fish in huge seas.
It warms up, makes a cold, makes a cry and laugh;
You are like a sicness and like a healthy.

AZRA ŞPHGFL


Ne Böyle Sevdalar Gördüm

Ne zaman seni düşünsem
Bir ceylan su içmeye iner
Çayırları büyürken görürüm.
Her akşam seninle
Yeşil bir zeytin tanesi
Bir parça mavi deniz
Alır beni.
Seni düşündükçe
Gül dikiyorum elimin değdiği yere
Atlara su veriyorum
Daha bir seviyorum dağları.

What Such Love I Saw

Whenever I think you Gazelle goes down to drink waterI see the meadows growing. With you every evening A green olive grain A piece of blue It takes me. The more think of youI'm planting roses where my hand touchesI give water to the horsesI love mountains even more.

Eren APAL 


De cate ori iubito - Mihai Eminescu.

De cate ori, iubito, de noi mi-aduc aminte, 
Oceanul cel de gheata mi apare inainte, 
Pe bolta alburie o stea nu se arata, 
Departe doara luna cea galbena, o pata, 
Iar peste mii de sloiuri de valuri repezite 
O pasare pluteste cu aripi ostenite, 
Pe cand a ei pereche naintre tos s-a dus 
C-un palc intreg de pasari , pierzindu-se-n apus.

How many times, honey.
 
Every time, my dear, I remember us,
The icy ocean appears before me:
On the white vault a star does not appear
Far away the yellow moon hurts- a spot,
And over thousands of floes rushing waves,
A bird floats with heavy wings,
While her pair still went ahead
With a whole flock of birds, getting lost in the west.


Mihai LPS


Seni Düşünmek 

Seni düşünmek güzel şey, ümitli şey,
Dünyanın en güzel sesinden
En güzel şarkıyı dinlemek gibi birşey…
Fakat artık ümit yetmiyor bana,
Ben artık şarkı dinlemek değil,
Şarkı söylemek istiyorum.

Thinking Of You 

Thinking of you is pretty, hopeful,
It is like listening to the most beautiful song
From the most beautiful voice on earth…
But hope is not enough for me anymore,
I don’t want to listen to songs anymore,
I want to sing.

KADRIYE ŞPHGFL


THİNKİNG OF YOU

It is nice to think of you,
hopeful thinks; 
From the most beautiful voice inthe world, 
somethink like listening to the most beautiful song... 
but hope is not enought for me anymore, 
I'm not listening to song, 
I want to sing song...!
NAZIM HİKMET


GÖKSU BK


Oled minu südames - Laura Lauk

Sa oled mu pea sassi ajand
sind ma ainult vajan.
Ootan sind nii päeval kui ööl,
mõtlen sulle kui oled koolis või tööl.
Kui pole sa siin igatsen ma sind
Loodan,et mõtled sa nii nagu minagi.
Igatsen su olekut mu lähedal ootan
su hääle kaja mida ma nii väga vajan.
Sa oled mu päike sa oled mu kuu
kui oled mu juures ei vaja ma muud.
Ma tunnistan,et olen armund sinusse
kui sind ei ole siin siis on see piin.
Tahan olla sinuga kõikjal kus oled sa
aind oma mõttetest välja ma ei saa.
Mis pean tegema nüüd ma.
Unistan sinust nii päeval kui ööl.
Ootan sind alati sest tahan olla sinuga...

Music associated with poetry

You are inside my head 

You're messing with my head
I just need you.
I'm waiting for you day and night,
I mean to you when you are at school or work.
If you're not here, I'll miss you
I hope you think the same way I do.
I miss your condition waiting for me
the echo of your voice that I so desperately need.
You are my sun you a
re my moon
if you're with me I don't need anything else.
I confess that I am in love with you
if you are not here then it is torment.
I want to be with you wherever you are
but I can't get out of my thoughts.
What do I have to do now?
I dream of you day and night.
I am always waiting for you because I want to be with you ..



Aleksandr.jvp


Вывод

Владимир Маяковский

Не смоют любовь
ни ссоры,
ни версты.
Продумана,
выверена,
проверена.
Подъемля торжественно стих стокоперстый,
клянусь -
люблю
неизменно и верно!
 

Derivation

Will not wash away love
no quarrel,
not a mile.
Thought out,
verified,
verified.
Raising solemnly a hundred-fingered verse,
I swear-love
unchanging
and true!


emilia.jvp


Александр ПушкинЯ вас любил. 1829.

Я вас любил: любовь еще, быть может,
В душе моей угасла не совсем;
Но пусть она вас больше не тревожит;
Я не хочу печалить вас ничем.
Я вас любил безмолвно, безнадежно,
То робостью, то ревностью томим;
Я вас любил так искренно, так нежно,
Как дай вам бог любимой быть другим.

Alexander Pushkin - I loved you. 

I loved you: love still, perhaps,
In my soul has not completely faded away;
But don't let it bother you anymore;
I do not want to sadden you with anything.
I loved you wordlessly, hopelessly,
I languished now with timidity, now with jealousy;
I loved you so sincerely, so tenderly,
How God grant you beloved to be another.



Other translation options: link

vera jvp 


Quand je vous vois me regarder
Avec cet air sévère,
Je n'ose pas vous demander
Pourquoi tant de colère !​
 
Je crains d'avoir été jaloux,
Commis quelque sottise.
Motif de plus, répondrez-vous,
Pour que l'on vous le dise.​
 
— Monsieur, si j'ai quelque raison
De me croire offensée,
Vous devez demander pardon !
— C'est bien là ma pensée.​
 
Demander pardon est très doux ;
L'obtenir, plus encore ;
Surtout lorsqu'on l'obtient de vous ;
Mais, avant tout, j'adore​
 
Le beau, quand la nature ou l'art
D'un vif rayon l'éclaire ;
Or, rien n'est beau comme un regard
D'une femme en colère !
 
Jules Canonge

 
​When I see you looking at me
With this stern look,
I dare not ask you
Why so much anger?
 
I fear I was jealous,
Did some nonsense
Further reason, will you answer,
To tell it to you.
 
- Sir, if I have any reason
To think that I am offended,
You must ask forgiveness!
- Doing it I was planning to.
 
Asking forgiveness is very sweet;
Getting it, even more;
Especially when one gets it from you;
But, first of all, I love
 
The beauty, when nature or art
With a bright beam lights it;
Still, nothing is as beautiful as a look
From an angry woman!
 
Jules Canonge translated

Simon Alain


Daha nen olayım isterdin,
Onursuzunum senin!
 
What else do you expect me to be?
I am your honourless!

Cemal Süreyya

ELZEM ASBL

 

SENİ DÜŞÜNMEK

Seni düşünmek güzel şey,
ümitli şey,
dünyanın en güzel sesinden
en güzel şarkıyı dinlemek gibi bir şey...
Fakat artık ümit yetmiyor bana,
ben artık şarkı dinlemek değil,
şarkı söylemek istiyorum…

Nazım HİKMET

 

THINKING OF YOU 

Thinking of you is a nice thing,
hopeful thing.
It is something like listening to the most beautiful song from the most beautiful voice.
But, hope is not enough to me anymore.
I want to sing, not listen to songs anymore.

Nazım HİKMET

Göksu APAL


ANLATAMIYORUM/ I CAN'T TELL 

While Ayşenur.HOTAL, Cemre.HOTAL and Deniz.HOTAL were translating the poem "ANLATAMIYORUM" by Orhan Veli KANIK into English for the international "LOVE POEMS" activity.



ABOUT THE POET:

Orhan Veli Kanık was born on April 13, 1914 in Istanbul and died on November 14,1950. He turned the language of poetry into folk language because he thought that distinguishing poetry from familiar language would cause the poem to be artificial. He believed that poetry should not be an art form to be only appreciated by a particular class, but that it should appeal to all citizens of the world.


2=1

While Ayşenur.HOTAL and Deniz.HOTAL were translating the poem "2=1" by Özdemir ASAF into English for the international "LOVE POEMS" activity.

ABOUT THE POET:

Özdemir Asaf is one of the most prominent figures of contemporary Turkish Literature.  He was born in Ankara on June, 11th 1923 and died in Istanbul on January 28th 1981. He has a habit of never publishing his work immediately after it has been written. This postponement is not to improve on what he has written. He does not wish the personal ups and downs to reflect in poetry. His use of the Turkish language helps the stimulation in his form and content, in that he achieves great field of expression with very few words. Özdemir Asaf's form is as condensed as his content.




 
GEÇMİŞ YAZ/ PAST SUMMER

While Alper.HOTAL, Atakan.HOTAL and Kutay.HOTAL were translating the poem "GEÇMİŞ YAZ" by Yahya Kemal BEYATLI into English for the international "LOVE POEMS" activity.

ABOUT THE POET:

Yahya Kemal Beyatlı was born on Dec. 2, 1884 and died on November 1, 1958 in Istanbul. He came from a prominent family. Yahya Kemal’s poetry was influenced by music, because he wrote his poems with concepts borrowed from Turkish music. He created a unique poem based on past values.  Even his love poems featured stylized historical and cultural values. He provided the combination of modern Western poetry and old Turkish poetry. He did not include social issues in his poems. He mostly wrote lycrical poems.


Nursu.HOTAL has pictured the poem "GEÇMİŞ YAZ / PAST SUMMER" by using the app "ibis paint x".


While Nursu.HOTAL picturing the poem "PAST SUMMER".




Fatma Deniz Akyol


"Roman Okudum Seni Düşündüm"
Bende tarçın sende ıhlamur kokusu
Yürürüz başkentin sokaklarında
Bir nehir şu tutuk konuşan cumartesi
Üstünde iki yonga: Çarşamba, bir de cuma
Ayrılık lafları etme sevgilim
Önümüz Temmuz önümüz Ağustos nasıl olsa
Kolkola yürüyoruz tek tük öpüşüyoruz
Sonra ayrılıyoruz korkuyoruz da.

“I read novel, ı thought of you.”

I smell cinnamon, you smell lime
We walk in the streets of the capital city.
That Saturday is a river which talks hesitantly.
Two chips on its top; Wednesday and Friday.
Dont talk about seperation  my darling,
July and August are coming.
We walk arm in arm, seldomly kiss eachother.
Then we leave and are scared as well.

SERAP APAL


Üvercinka 

Ben böyle saç görmedim ömrümde 
Her telinin içinde ayrı bir kalp çarpıyor
Bütütn kara parçaları için 
Afrika dahil 
Senin bir havan var beni asıl saran o
Onunla daha bir değere biniyor soluk almak 
Sabahları acıktığı için haklı
Gününü kazanıp kurtardı diye güzel
Birçok çiçek adları gibi güzel
En tanınmış kırmızılarla açan
Bütütn kara parçalarında 
Afriha dahil
CEMAL SÜREYYA

ÜVERCİNKA

I haven't seen such hair my life 
A separate heart beats inside each strand
İncluding all land parts
İncluding Africa 
You have a mortar that's what really surrounds me 
Taking a more value with her to breathe
He's right for being hungry in the mornings
It's good that she made her day
Beatiful like many flower names
Blooming with the most recognizable reds
İn all the land
İncluding Africa 
CEMAL SÜREYYA

GAMZE ASBL


Öyle Uzaktan Seviyorum Seni 

uzaktan seviyorum seni
kokunu alamadan,
boynuna sarılamadan
yüzüne dokunamadan
sadece seviyorum

öyle uzaktan seviyorum seni
elini tutmadan
yüreğine dokunmadan
gözlerinde dalıp dalıp gitmeden
şu üç günlük sevdalara inat
serserice değil adam gibi seviyorum
öyle uzaktan seviyorum seni
yanaklarına sızan iki damla yaşını silmeden
en çılgın kahkahalarına ortak olmadan
en sevdiğin şarkıyı beraber mırıldanmadan
öyle uzaktan seviyorum seni
kırmadan
dökmeden
parçalamadan
üzmeden
ağlatmadan uzaktan seviyorum
öyle uzaktan seviyorum seni;
sana söylemek istediğim her kelimeyi
dilimde parçalayarak seviyorum
damla damla dökülürken kelimelerim
masum beyaz bir kağıtta seviyorum
Cemal Süreya

I Love You So Far 

I love you from afar
before you can smell
without hugging your neck
without touching your face
i just love
...
I love you so far
without holding your hand
without touching your heart
without being distracted by your eyes
Despite these three days of love
I love it like a man not a bum
I love you so far
Without wiping the age of the two drops that leaked to your cheeks
without sharing in your wildest laughter
without muttering your favourite song together
I love you so far
without breaking
without spilling
without breaking
without upset
I love you from afar without making me cry
I love you so far
Every word I want to say to you
I love it by smashing it
while my words are pouring drop by drop
I love it on an innocent white paper
Cemal Süreya

Yusuf APAL


Mon rêve familier, Paul Verlaine.
Je fais souvent ce rêve étrange et pénétrant
D'une femme inconnue, et que j'aime, et qui m'aime
Et qui n'est, chaque fois, ni tout à fait la même
Ni tout à fait une autre, et m'aime et me comprend.
Car elle me comprend et mon cœur, transparent
Pour elle seule, hélas ! cesse d'être un problème
Pour elle seule, et les moiteurs de mon front blême,
Elle seule les sait rafraîchir, en pleurant.

Est-elle brune, blonde ou rousse ? - Je l'ignore.
Son nom ? Je me souviens qu'il est doux et sonore
Comme ceux aimés de la Vie exila.
Son regard est pareil au regard des statues,
Et pour sa voix, lointaine, et calme, et grave, elle a
L'inflexion des voix chères qui se sont tues.

 

My familiar dream, Paul Verlaine.
I often have this dream, strange and penetrating
Of an unknown woman, and whom I love and who loves me
And who's never, each time, not quite the same
 Nor quite another, and loves me and understand me.
Because she understands me and my heart, transparent
For herself alas ! is no longer a problem
For her alone, and the sweat of my pale brow,
Just her knows refreshing it, with her tears.

Is she brune, blonde or redhead ? I do not know.
Her name ? I remember it is sweet and sonorous,
Like those of the loved that life has exiled.
Her eyes are the same as a statue's gaze,
And, for her voice, distant, and mild, ans serious, she has
The inflexion of dear voices that were silenced.

Justine Alain


Mihai Eminescu

Şi era ploaie cu senin
Senin cu ploaie,
Salcâmii ramurile-nclin
Şi le îndoaie.
 
Acuma toţi ei înfloresc
De primăvară
Ş-un dulce miros răspândesc
În dalba sară.
 
Un mândru soare scânteind
Pe bolta-albastră
El bate ploaia şiroind
Pe-a ta fereastră.
 
Şi-n haină albă tu apari
Cu pasuri line
Şi numai ochii tăi cei mari
Privesc la mine.
 
Atât de dulce şi de plin
C-aşa văpaie
Ah, era ploaie cu senin
Senin cu ploaie.
 
And it was raining suddenly ...
And it was raining heavily
Clear with rain,
Acacia-prone branches

And he bends them.
Now they are all flourishing
Spring
And a sweet smell spreads
In the dalba jump.

A proud sparkling sun
On the blue vault
He is pouring rain
On your window.

And in a white coat you appear
With smooth steps
And only your big eyes
They look at me.

So sweet and fullIt's so burning
Ah, it was raining heavily
Clear with rain.
 

MATTEO CNPR

Eminescu , our national poet...The theme of melancoly in Mihai`s vision

Аdriana Toderic


Alexandrina Corina Rus


Love has no time



OYA ZEYNEP YILDIRIM

Fatma Deniz 

AKYOL-Hacı Ömer Tarman Anatolian High School

Turkish love poems and their translations, picture of the poem"Geçmiş Yaz" drawn by using app "ibis paint x" and love poster prepared by HOTAL Project Team is at EBA.


"Love Poems " titled activity of our project is on our school's facebook.

link

"Love Poems " titled activity of our project is on our school's social media.

link


BERARU MIHAELA /SPORTS PROGRAMME HIGH SCHOOL BISTRITA

Poem Dorința/ CATALINA LPS


”Love Poem” From Your Hair/ Carmen LPS


Love Poem/ Song for two/ Arabela LPS





Francesca CTCFU

In a relationship, jealousy is needed in the right amount.



„Blue Flower” - Mihai Eminescu

Colegiul Tehnic de Căi Ferate „Unirea” Pașcani

Mara.CTCFU & Clarisa CTCFU & Olivia.CTCFU

coordinating teacher: Maria Iosub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqaEhioui4Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcMPw2ixAVc

"You ride the clouds and range the sky

Your net about the stars cast;

But do remember dear at last

My soul can never soar so high.

 

You build tall palaces in Spain

Of fancy's fragile masonry,

You search in vain the sullen sea

And roam Assyria's plains in vain.

 

The pyramids their summits press

Against the clouded heavens high,

Dear heart, it is not wise to fly

Too far a field for happiness !"

 

`Twas thus she spoke in whispers low,

Her hand laid softly on my head,

But I just laughed and nothing said,

Yet what she told was truth, I mow.




Answergarden For Words Of Love





No comments:

Post a Comment